This rapid learning series covers traditionally the evolutionary biology course and ecology course, two courses in one. This rich-media series provides the comprehensive coverage of 24 chapters - 12 chapters in evoution and the other 12 chapters in ecology.
With our breakthrough 24x Rapid Learning SystemTM of smart teaching and rich media, you can now finally gain a powerful learning edge over others who are still struggling with static textbooks and online freebies. Catch up and excel in class with the host of tightly integrated learning modules, designed specifically for today's web and video savvy students and supported by a team of teaching experts. Speed up your learning one chapter one hour at a time. The entire 24-chapter rapid learning package includes:
- 24x Core Tutorials (Rich-Media Movies)
Powered by our signature smart teaching and rich-media, the expert-narrated tutorials provide an easier and faster mastery of 24 chapters with concept maps, visual introduction, graphic illustration, annotations & animations, and step-by-step problem solving examples, guided by real teachers.
- 24x Problem Drills (Interactive Games)
Practice what you learn. These drills offer feedback-based quizzes, concept and word problems, summary reviews on all problems and scoring system to track your performance, with a complete solution guide at the end.
- 24x Review Sheets (PDF Printables)
Condense what you learn. Each chapter has one-pager cheat sheet for key concepts with at-a-glance review of each chapter, printable and laminatible. It is ideal for exam prep or quick review.
- 24x Chapter eBooks (PDF Printables)
Need something for easy skimming? The well-formatted eBooks are printable for easy quick reading and last-minute review. This optional module is available only on Certified, Platinum and Premium Editions.
- 24x Lecture Audiobooks (Audio MP3)
Want to learn on-the-go? These mp3 audiobooks are for learning anywhere anytime and a great companion to the visual tutorials. Listen to the same content you have just learned visually and enhance your learning with your smartphone or mp3 player. This auditory module is available only on Certified and Platinum Editions.
Evolution and Ecology - The Rapid Learning Series
This 24-chapter series provides comprehensive coverage of evolution and ecology.
Course A: Evolution
Core Unit #1 –Principles and Mechanisms of Evolution
- Tutorial 01: History of Evolutionary Thought
- Tutorial 02: Genetic Variation and the Hardy-Weinberg Principle
- Tutorial 03: The Theory of Natural Selection
- Tutorial 04: Population Genetic Mechanisms of Evolution
- Tutorial 05: Evolution of Quantitative Traits
- Tutorial 06: Conflict, Cooperation, and Sexual Selection
Core Unit #2 – History and Diversity of Life on Earth
- Tutorial 07: Species and Mechanisms of Speciation
- Tutorial 08: Phylogenetic Trees
- Tutorial 09: The Origin of Life and Evidence of Evolution
Core Unit #3 – Special Topics in Evolution
- Tutorial 10: Human Evolution
- Tutorial 11: Macroevolution: Evo-Devo and Evolutionary Genomics
- Tutorial 12: Life-History Evolution
Course B: Ecology
Core Unit #4 – Ecology of the Organism
- Tutorial 13: Organisms and their Physical Environment
- Tutorial 14: Single-Species Populations
- Tutorial 15: Population Growth and Regulation
- Tutorial 16: Population Distribution Patterns: Metapopulations and Island Biogeography
- Tutorial 17: Behavioral Ecology
Core Unit #5 – Species Interactions within their Communities
- Tutorial 18: Competition between Species within a Community
- Tutorial 19: Predation, Herbivory and Parasitism
- Tutorial 20: Mutualism and Coevolution
Core Unit #6 – Communities and their Ecosystems
- Tutorial 21: Community Structure and Development
- Tutorial 22: Productivity, Energy Flow and Nutrient Cycling
- Tutorial 23: Species Abundance and Diversity
- Tutorial 24: Conservation and Human Impact
Each chapter comes with five learning components:
(1) Rich-Media Tutorial
(2) Problem-Solving Drill
(3) Super-Review Cheatsheet
(4) Printable Tutorial
(5) MP3 Audio Lecture
Learn it the rich-media way and get started now: